COMPETE IN THE 2020 RIB SHOWDOWN!
Think your ribs have what it takes to win the $500 First Place Prize at our Rib Showdown on May 16, 2020?
- $50 fee for competing vendors enters you in the competition and also gives you the ability to sell your BBQ (not just ribs) at the event
- Completed entry form, supporting documents, and fee are due by end of business on April 3, 2020
- Teams can set up starting at 5pm on May 15, 2020 and are welcome to camp out behind the brewery overnight
- Entrants must buy their competition ribs from Puny John’s between 7am and 8am on May 16, 2020 (all competitors must buy their competition ribs from Puny John’s at cost to insure a fair competition)
- Each entrant must have small samples (one rib bone, slice of brisket, sample cup of pulled pork, or something similar in size) available for event attendees in exchange for tickets (entrants redeem collected tickets for $1 each at the end of the event)
- Competition rib turn-in will be at 2pm with judging to immediately follow
- Winner announced and cash prize awarded at 3pm
Download the official rules here, the entry form here, and Cochise County’s temporary food vendor application here.
Questions? Email John@PunyJohnsBBQ.com or visit PunyJohnsBBQ.com for additional information.